Certificates of competence
Doppler assessment of the uterine arteries and fetal circulation plays an important role in firstly, screening for impaired placentation and its complications of preeclampsia and fetal growth restriction, and secondly, in the assessment of the fetal condition in pathological pregnancies.
The FMF Certificate of competence in Doppler ultrasound is awarded to those sonographers who have:
- Attended the FMF internet based theoretical course on antenatal surveillance. You will also find useful to read the book on Doppler in Obstetrics> (PDF, 16.6Mb)
- Submitted a logbook of 4 images (see below).
Logbook of images
- Color flow image and normal or abnormal waveform of the uterine arteries
- Color flow image and normal or abnormal waveform of the umbilical arteries
- Color flow image and normal or abnormal waveform of the fetal middle cerebral artery
- Color flow image and normal or abnormal waveform of the fetal ductus venosus
Holders of the FMF Certificate of competence
To view the list of sonographers who have obtained the Certificate of competence in Doppler ultrasound please click here.
Submission of logbook
Please send your completed logbook to:
The Fetal Medicine Foundation
137 Harley Street
London, W1G 6BG
Color Doppler of the umbilical cord
Positive end-diastolic flow
Absent end-diastolic flow
Reversed end-diastolic flow