The 11-13 weeks scan
This internet based course covers all the important aspects of first-trimester screening for chromosomal abnormalities, the diagnosis of major fetal defects and screening for preeclampsia.
The course is compulsory for all sonographers wishing to obtain the FMF Certificates of competence in the measurement of nuchal translucency, assessment of the nasal bone, measurement of the facial angle, assessment of ductus venosus flow, assessment of tricuspid flow and measurement of uterine artery pulsatility index.
- The course is free of charge
- It is provided in 20 languages
- It is available in two versions: one for patients, which lasts for about one hour and another for health care personnel, which lasts for three hours. The course does not need to be covered in a single session.
If you are a patient and you want to attend the course please click here.
If you are a health care practitioner and you want to obtain the FMF Certificate of competence in the 11-13 weeks scan you need to be registered with the FMF before attending the course:
- If you already have a FMF ID please login here:
- If you are not yet registered please register here
Book on the 11-13 weeks scan
This book, which is free of charge, summarizes all aspects of screening for chromosomal and structural abnormalities by the 11-13 weeks scan
Three Continuing Medical Education credits
After competion of the course you can obtain a CME certificate. For the terms and conditions please click here.
List of registrants
To view the list of health care professionals who have completed the internet based course on the 11-13 weeks scan please click here.