Welcome to the Fetal Medicine Foundation
The Fetal Medicine Foundation is a Registered Charity that aims to improve the health of pregnant women and their babies through research and training in fetal medicine.
The Foundation, with the support of an international group of experts, has introduced an educational programme both for healthcare professionals and parents and a series of certificates of competence in different aspects of fetal medicine.
In the last 15 years, The Foundation has supported research and training in the following areas through grants to a total of more than £11 million:
- Early diagnosis of fetal abnormalities
- Screening for chromosomal defects
- Intrauterine fetal surgery
- Causes and prevention of miscarriage and stillbirth
- Prediction and prevention of pre-term delivery
- Preeclampsia and fetal growth restriction
- Problems of multiple pregnancies
- Development of safer techniques for prenatal diagnosis
If you are a health care professional and you want to go to your own FMF page please login below:
List of accredited doctors and sonographers
To view a list of doctors and sonographers who have obtained the Certificate of competence in measurement of nuchal translucency, please click here
To view the list of doctors and sonographers who, in addition to obtaining the certificate of competence in the measurement of NT, have submitted to the FMF their NT measurements and representative images for audit, and were found to be satisfactory please click here
12 th World Congress in Fetal Medicine
The 12th World Congress will be held in Marbella, from 23-27 June 2013
- For online registration please click here
- For abstracts submission please click here
- For accommodation information please click here
- For airport transfer information please click here.
- For visa information please click here.
- For sponsors and exhibitors information please click here
- For social events information please click here
FMF website quicklinks
- Videos illustrating common and rare fetal defects, click here
- A video Blog dedicated to ultrasound imaging in the 11-13 weeks scan click here
- Turning the pyramid of prenatal care
- Lectures in different topics of fetal medicine.
The courses are free of charge and they are appropriate for both health care professionals and patients